- This is supposed to be fun. Be respectful of others. Anyone who violates this will be disqualified and put on the naughty list…permanently.
- Contest. Participants must “Like” the WorldAutoSteel page before participating in the Name the Steel Guy Contest. After the page “Like”, participants must enter a proposed name via the contest entry link found on the WorldAutoSteel page, in compliance with these Terms And Conditions. Only one entry (Name) may be submitted per participant. All submitted names will be added to the public voting, provided they do not violate any of the Naming criteria following, determination of which is at the discretion of the judges. Voting participants must ‘Like’ WorldAutoSteel’s Facebook page to vote for a preferred name. Only one vote per Facebook user is allowed. Judges will be the WorldAutoSteel editorial staff, and weighed according to the following criteria:
Appropriateness to the Steel Guy’s persona as outlined in his C.V. (50%)
Suggestive of the attributes of steel materials and/or steel vehicles (20%)
Ease to pronounce and remember Name in various languages (10%)
Number of public votes received (20%)
In addition, the Steel Guy’s proposed Name:
- Must be fitting for the Steel Guy’s male human-like character and background. For instance, names appropriate for animals, such as Toto or Spot, or names only suitable for femals, will not be considered.
- Should be no longer than 16 letters and must be writeable in the Roman (English) alphabet. It may include a first and last name.
- Must not contain or be confusingly similar to any service or product names, brand names, service marks or trademarks.
- Must not, in the sole and unfettered discretion of the WorldAutoSteel judges, contain obscene, provocative, defamatory, sexually explicit, or otherwise objectionable or inappropriate language.
- Must not be a personal dedication or the name of a person of notoriety, past or present.
By submitting an entry to this contest, you give consent for WorldAutoSteel and WorldAutoSteel’s member organizations to reuse and reproduce the winning name however they choose.
The contest is open to entries and voting from July 18th 2016 to August 12th 2016. (24:00 GMT). Decisions of the judges are final and binding. Winner will be notified by “email” on or about 7 September 2016.
- Prize. One prize will be awarded, equivalent to a US$500 Amazon Gift Card, which will be emailed to the winner. Prizes are non-transferable and cannot be substituted by the Winner. WorldAutoSteel may substitute a prize of equal or greater value in its sole discretion. Any costs associated with the acceptance of the prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. An unclaimed prize will not be re-awarded. If the Winner is a minor (under 18 years of age), the prize will be awarded to the minor’s parent or legal guardian.
- Participating in and entering this contest is considered a complete release of Facebook by each entrant or participant. It is also an acknowledgement that the contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
- WorldAutoSteel, the automotive group of the World Steel Association, is solely responsible for the running of this contest. Facebook bears no responsibility for the running of this contest.
- All information and content collected in this contest is collected by WorldAutoSteel, not Facebook. Emails will be kept private and confidential.
- Competition participants are providing information to WorldAutoSteel, not Facebook.
- This contest is not open to WorldAutoSteel or World Steel Association staff. Anyone else may enter.